Wednesday 16 November 2016

Stonewall Art Auction & Party

On Thursday night myself and the art journalist, Holly Howe (AKA Hollytorious), had a great time at the Stonewall Season Closing Celebration, held at the Tanner Warehouse on Bermondsey Street, London. The party marked the end of the ten day Stonewall Season festival, which celebrated LGBT life and culture at over 70 events across 15 different cities in England, Scotland and Wales.


I was there because I was one of over fifty artists who had donated work for the live auction, which took place throughout the evening.

 
It was great seeing so many stars turn out to on the night to support the LGBT equality event. In attendance were style guru Gok Wan, drag legend JodieHarsh, Years and Years frontman Olly Alexander, X Factor alum Seann Miley Moore, X Factor’s Saara Aalto, fashion designer Gareth Pugh, Emmerdale’s Alicya Eyo, and choreographer Brian Friedman (admittedly I had to be told who most of these people are as I don't have a TV, and am somewhat out of the celeb spotting loop).


My two highlights of the night were getting to chat to one of my favourite actors, Andrew Scott (probably best known for playing Moriarty in Sherlock, although I'm very much looking forward to seeing him as Hamlet at The Almeida, next year), and discovering a self service, Mister Whippy-style ice cream machine - I had three 99s (would have been more but they ran out of flakes).

No comments: