Friday 1 May 2015

Rob Pruitt's Flea Market, Venice – New Work


In a few hours I fly off to Venice for the preview week of the 2015 Venice Biennale. As mentioned in my previous post - I'm taking part in the Rob Pruitt's Flea Market.


And as I also mentioned, I was hoping to produce a set of cotton tote bags, screen printed with an Italian-themed design (my tentacled version of Leonardo da Vinci's Vitruvian Man) in time for RPFMV.


Well, I'm glad to say that they arrived from the printers in plenty of time, and I'm happy with how they turned out. The colour range for the totes is quite impressive so I've had my design printed up on a set of 17 different coloured bags – including natural, bright red, graphite grey, black, olive green, bottle green, pink, classic red, cornflower blue, cranberry, French navy, Kelly green, lime green, royal blue, purple, sky blue, and white.


In the short time since my last blog post I've been working on a few new drawings and paintings, for sale at RPFMV. So here are a few of them.


So if you happen to be in Venice for the Biennale's preview week, pop along and say hi. And if you'd like to see more of the work that I've created for the event then please feel free to check out my Oodles of Doodles blog.


Rob Pruitt's Flea Market,
Venice 'A plus A Gallery', San Marco 3073
5th - 8th May 2015 (open 12-8pm – free entry)

E press@aplusa.it
T 00 39 041 277 04 66
www.aplusa.it

The project is organized by the students of the “22nd Course in Curatorial Practices and Contemporary Arts” at The School for Curatorial Studies Venice, and curated by Tommaso Speretta.

No comments: