Wednesday 22 December 2010

Sketchbook to America

I’ve finally finished my sketch book for the Art House Co-op Sketchbook Project - and this morning I posted it off to the Brooklyn Art Library, where it will join all other sketchbooks ready for the nine state tour. All the books submitted in time will do a tour of galleries and museums in Brooklyn, Austin, San Francisco, Portland, Atlanta and Chicago - where the public will be able to book them out like regular library books.

Here are a few drawings from the one that I have just sent off. If you would like to see the entire sketchbook I will shortly be posting all of the drawings (all 40 pages) on my other blog - Oodles of Doodles. I’ll aim for one post a day but we’ll see how it goes.


This drawing takes its inspiration from my sculpture, The City.


As you can see - I have a bit of a thing for boxes on wheels...


...and for things bursting or pouring out of boxes.


So far six states, have signed up to play host to the show but it is likely that more states will take part before the exhibition starts in March 2011. After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be bar-coded and available for the public to view. All participating artists on the tour have a webpage in which to show off their work – and here’s mine.

No comments: