Saturday 16 January 2010

Join the League of Super-duper Artists






OK, it might not be the new hi-tech secret headquarters for a team of crime-fighting super heroes but I am looking for 5 artists to join me in renting a massive live/work space that I’ve found in the heart of Shoreditch, London ('the place to be'). The space is available from the end of this month. It’s the whole of the second floor of an old office block situated halfway between Old Street Tube and Liverpool Street Station – just off Great Eastern Street. The place is massive so there will be loads of space to work and to chill out in. there are already enough rooms off the main open space to use as bed rooms - so we wouldn't have to build our own. Although we should free to make any improvements or alterations that we see fit. There is a good sized kitchen area, a few toilets but only one shower so we’ll either have to make do with that or put another one in ourselves. The rest of the floors are home to a few art collectives and there are roof-top gardens where fruit and veg have previously been grown. I imagine that come Summer, a few barbecues will be taking place up there too.

I'm still waiting for the landlords to get back to me with the actual price but hopefully it will be about £3000 per month (all inclusive) for the whole floor which would work out at £500 per person, per month. I think that they will probably be asking for a month's rent in advance and a months rent as deposit but as I said, I’m still waiting for them to get back to me with the final details.

Obviously I want this to be a positive and creative environment so I’m looking for motivated and productive artists. If you are interested then please get in contact (you can email me at waynechisnall@yahoo.co.uk), telling me a bit about yourself and either send me a couple of images of your work or include your website or blog address and a contact number.

Please feel free to pass this message onto anyone that you think might be suitable and interested.

waynechisnall@yahoo.co.uk

No comments: